The Community Horse Program is designed to grow with you – expanding to suit your interest and level of commitment through hands-on group events (called Saddle Socials) and private instruction. You’ll begin building your experience by purchasing a Level 1 ticket and coming to a Saddle Social event, and then continuing through additional engagements as you desire more hands-on horse interaction and riding.
Participants in Community Horse Program are key partners to our organization and to the farm staff –stewarding the health and well-being of the herd and helping each other and the community enjoy and share the farm experience.
As a member of the Community Horse program, you will:
- Meet horse enthusiasts at every level of experience and skill
- Have access to affordable training, group clinics, and social events
- Have the option of working independently with the horses - either on the ground or in the saddle
- Play a major role in supporting ongoing program enhancements
Things to Know:
- Hours of Operation: The farm is open to participants: Monday-Sunday, 8 AM- 8 PM.
- Age Requirements: The minimum age for program participants is age 8. Level 3 participants must be 12 at the time of registering for classes.
- Memberships are offered for the term of 12 consecutive months to participants who earn certification to work on their own
- Guest Policy: Participants registering for a general visit to the farm (Level 1) or to work on the ground with the horses (Level 2 members) may add one guest to their reservation when booking a visit. Members who are reserving time in the saddle (Level 3 members) may not bring a guest.