Rescheduling Reservations for Private Lessons, Special Events, and Certification Courses
No-Shows for Private Lessons, Special Events, and Certification Courses
Canceled Reservations for Regular Member Visits to the Farm
If you have a private session scheduled with a horse at the farm and you need to cancel that reservation, please log into your account at www.friendsofbowersfarm.org and cancel through the reservations link on your account dashboard.
If an instructor needs to cancel your class or event, you will be notified and given the option to either reschedule (if applicable and/or available) or receive a full refund.
Membership Term, Renewals, and Cancellation
Hours of Operation
The hours of operation are Monday-Sunday 8 AM – 8 PM
Age Restrictions and Adult Supervision
Level 2 participants must be at least 8 years of age at the time of registration. The minimum age requirement for Level 3 participants is 12. Members who are less than 16 years old must be accompanied by a supervising adult during their regular visits to the farm. The activities that do not require adult supervision for participants less than 16 years of age are Private Lessons, Certification Courses, and Evaluations.
Member Guest Policy
For Special Events: Members can register an unlimited number of guests for our members-only Open Barn annual event for no charge.
For Reserved Visits to the Farm: If you’re a Level 2 member and you’re planning to enter the paddocks and halter a horse, you can bring 1 guest. Level 3 members intending to ride may not bring guests (unless they are under the age of 16, which requires the accompaniment of a supervising adult).
Family members of Level 2 and Level 3 members can take their Level 2 and 3 Certification Courses for 50% off the published rate. There are no discounts offered on regular monthly memberships.
Members must sign in at the CHP kiosk in the Learning Center atrium and fill out a name tag sticker. The name tag must be visible while on the Bowers School Farm property.
Member parking is located in the upper lot, outside of the Learning Center building.
- No feeding horses/livestock any hay or grain not specifically designated by Bowers Staff.
- No feeding treats.
- No hand feeding of anything.
- When riding do not allow horses to graze with bridles/bits on.
- When horses are bridled do not allow horses to rub on fences, stalls, or their own legs.
- Always wear a helmet when mounted.
- Proper footwear is required at all times when in the barn and pasture areas.
- All guests that plan to be near the animals must wear proper footwear even if they do not intend to ride or groom.
- Do not enter pens or restricted areas.
- Any animal health concerns should be directed to the Bowers Farm staff.
- No personal animals can be brought on to the property.
- No drinking or smoking on school property.
- No personal equipment to be used.