A Little About Ourselves...
Welcome, from the Friends of Bowers Farm!
In 2010, a group of supporters organized as a 501(c)(3) non-profit so that we could raise money to support the property and programs that go on around the farm. Since then, we've grown to include many volunteers and participants through our fundraising events and community outreach efforts.
If you've enjoyed the farm on a visit and are looking for a way to give back, or if you just want a little country in your life, this group is for you!
Supporting the Farm
To support, preserve and enhance the Bowers Farm property, programs and activities through financial support, community outreach and volunteerism.
Board of Directors
- Rachel Rotger
- Geri Dunkle
- Catherine Strumbos
- David Kristick
The Bowers Farm is owned and operated by Bloomfield Hills Schools. For information about programs and events; or to schedule a tour, please visit their website by clicking here.
With the help of many volunteers and support from the community, we've been able to accomplish a lot since officially organizing in 2010.
Here's a list of some of the activities we've been involved with:
- The 2010 Barn Make-Over
- Springtime Egg Scramble
- Corn Maze Staffing
- Going on the Road with the Travelling Farm
- Organizing the Pig Jig Country Dance
- Special Dinners: Potlucks and Farm-to-Table
- Holding the Annual Barn Sale
- Donating New Fencing for the Pigs and Ducks
- Producing Columbia Wool Socks for Sale
- Donating the Artwork to the Learning Center
And here's some other things that you might see us doing around the farm:
- Helping out with concessions during open barn days
- Feeding the baby goats during spring kidding season
- Repairing fencing and cleaning up the grounds